--- RECAP ---
Hacking the hustle is something that can't (and shouldn't!) be done alone. And we're thrilled that we have all of you to help us hustle harder and have a blast doing it!
Thank you to everyone that came out yesterday, and extra special thanks to Michelle Jeske for sharing her experience and knowledge. Michelle's journey to becoming Denver's 10th City Librarian is a fascinating one that shows what can be achieved when you follow your strengths, take risks and know when to move on. Michelle offered so many words of wisdom, it may have been hard to capture it all, so here are some highlights:
- Have self awareness (bullet journaling can help), and learn how to quickly shift gears
- Figure out what topics interest and drive you, and go for it
- Identify your innate talents and focus there, rather than trying to improve on your weaknesses
- Have a "major' and a "minor" in your career
- Take risks and pivot - it may be painful, but you'll learn from failure
- Use guiding words, rather than resolutions, to set goals for yourself
- Know when to hold 'em, and know when to fold 'em - moving on is not giving up, figure out when it's right
Michelle also shared loads of resources (many free) to help you hustle:
- Harvard Business Review Blog
- Stanford Innovation Review
- Fast Company
- Books & Digital Magazines
- Denver Organization Development Network
- Derailment Assessment
- DPL Resources
The Denver library is meant to provide people with a creative outlet and community building. EVERYONE is welcome there, so take advantage to improve your career and your life!
You know where else everyone is welcome? Our next event! Mark your calendars for March 15 (location TBD)!
Keep hustling until then!
6 PM - cocktails and convo
7 PM - discussion and Q&A
Michelle Jeske, City Librarian for the Denver Public LIbrary
Tapping into resources offered by the Denver Public Library to help boost your professional development
Denver Women’s March - stick around after the discussion to make a sign for the Denver Women’s March on January 20th
Inclusive event (yes, men committed to the cause are welcome)